Say goodbye to the Whitespot and ugly unused parking lot they have at the corner of 12th Avenue West and Cambie Street. The empty parking lot used to be a gas station back in the day. Since there are no really strict laws about removing the fuel tanks after a gas station goes out of business or moves it usually means the lots remain empty for an extend period of time.
This is hopefully about to change. The New developer Shato Holdings Ltd. is proposing a new design that is going to bring back some more of the Chinatown feeling into the Cambie Village area. The proposal for use of space is as follows:
- an increase from 8-storeys to 10-storeys
- an increase in height from 104 ft. (31.7 m) to 121 ft. (37 m)
- an increase from 139 residential units to 141 units
- a decrease from 15,630 sq. ft. (1 452 m²) of commercial space to 14,640 sq. ft. (1,360 m²)
- a decrease in floor space ratio (FRS) from 4.35 to 4.11
- an increase from 190 parking spaces to 225 spaces
This will be a radical change the Cambie Village vibe and feel, the increase in height is a major concern. But things need to keep moving forward, if you are interested in knowing more, please don't hesitate to contact me.